Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Crossfit

I started crossfit within the last month. Granted I haven't done it as prescribed, but so far its helped me increase core strength and back strength. My rotator cuff hasn't hurt as much. I attend www.crossfithollywood.com and have to say its a great box to join.

Those wondering what crossfit is or what a typical WOD (Work out of the day) might look and feel like. Heres my experience.

CrossFit is a strength and conditioning brand that combines weightlifting, sprinting, gymnastics, powerlifting, and rowing.

I show up to class and we get ready, warm up and stretch which usually takes 15-20 minutes. The workout itself usually takes about 20-25 minutes. Then you spend a few minutes stretching out. It sounds short, which it is. It is tougher than a normal workout of just lifting weights.

Example of a workout:
For time:
15 barbell squat cleans - 95#/65#
30 toes to bar
30 box jumps - 20"
10 muscle-ups
30 push presses/push jerks - 95#/65#
30 double-unders
15 thrusters - 95#/65#
30 pull-ups
30 burpees
100' walking handstand

Its more intense than it sounds on paper. Go try it out. You wont be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment